From: Vlad Cojocaru (Vlad.Cojocaru_at_eml-r.villa-bosch.de)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2007 - 03:48:54 CST

Hi everybody,

Thanks for your threading on the povray issue... In the weekend I
managed to make it work ... There was something to do with the
permissions in the ~/.povray/3.6/povray.conf file. One needs to add
lines read+write for every directory that you want to access if that
directory is not in your home. By default, if you compile it as user
only (without root priv)... povray 3.6 allows read+write only from your
home dir, so as soon as one tries to run it on a network directory, it
will fail ... Therefore the .conf file needs to be modified by
introducing a line read+write with each network partition that one wants
to use ...

Thanks again

Best
vlad