From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 03 2007 - 15:39:17 CST

Chris,
  Can you be more specific? Are you getting an error message
in the VMD text console when VMD runs the STRIDE program to
calculate the secondary structure? If so, send me the error
message. It could be something as simple as a system-wide
environment variable causing VMD and STRIDE to try and communicate
by storing files in an improper temporary directory location.
Without knowing precisely what's happening, it's impossible
to say what is occuring. You may wish to run STRIDE on
your protein independent from VMD and determine if there's
something about your structure or atom names that STRIDE doesn't like.