From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 26 2007 - 17:16:22 CST

Hi,
  If you have the two atom coordinates, you can simply calculate
the direction you want by subtracting them and normalizing the
result. Once you have the direction vector, you can measure
the length of the original, add 10 to it, and then multiply the
direciton vector by the new length, add that to the starting coordinate,
and you'll have the new line endpoint. Does that make sense?