From: _at_huji.ac.il
Date: Wed Jan 24 2007 - 04:37:40 CST

Thank you for your answers
The problem is that I'm trying to append only protein from all the
frames to the same pdb file and it doesn't work. when I'm using the next
command:
"animate write pdb prot_only.pdb beg $startframe end $lastframe"
all the atoms of the frame are written (and not only protein atoms) so I
have tried to use
"set sel [atomselect top protein]" and after that
"$sel animate write pdb prot_only.pdb beg $startframe end $lastframe"
but it doesn't work.
I have also tried to use:
"$sel writepdb prot_only.pdb" when
$sel is updated in my tcl program according to the frame but in this
case the pdb file is overwritten for each frame.
So how can I solve this problem?
Regina