From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 08 2007 - 16:36:38 CST

On 1/8/07, Joshua D. Moore <jdmoore_at_unity.ncsu.edu> wrote:
> Hi,

hi,

> I was wondering if anyone has catdcd-4.0 compiled for BlueGene? I use

yep.

> BlueGene at SDSC. I am not sure of the portability?? I would appreciate
> any help, even in compiling.

i'm currently (re-)compiling a bunch of stuff on BG/L. catdcd is pretty
portable. as john pointed out, there is no reason at all to run this tool
in batch mode. the frontend node is a 'normal' powerpc machine with
linux on it, so using a LINUXPPC64 target to compile should work.

i just restarted a recompile of catdcd with the latest version of the molfile
plugins, so can upload new binaries to the VMD public BioFS, if desired.

axel.