From: Nuno Ricardo Loureiro Ferreira (nunolf_at_ci.uc.pt)
Date: Wed Dec 13 2006 - 03:31:54 CST

Hi Russel

First of all, what you did saw was vmd loading the trajectory.
Second, in order to make a movie, use the plugin Movie Maker (Extensions.Analysis.RMSD *)
I suggest that before making the movie, you should do a protein alignement for all frames of your trajectory. This way, you are ensuring that the protein is "always" inside the display windows (basically you are removing protein diffusion). You can do this, again by using a vmd implemented plugin (Extensions.Visualization.Movie Maker).

If you are thinking of doing a movie with the solvent, just take care (the same for protein only)! You will need RAM if you want a step by step movie case. You could play with trajectory step, using for example every 10th frame of the original traj.

Cheers
Nuno

P.S. Just read it. 250 frames should not be a problem, even if you use the complete system.