From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2006 - 18:32:13 CST

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006, Esther Brugger wrote:

EB> I am trying to install the VMD_1.8.5 version to Fedora Core 4 Linux
EB> system. I follow the quick installation guidence. When I type
EB> ".configure" command, it only shows the words in
EB> "configure.options". I don't know what the problem is. Is there

nothing, this is not the standard GNU autoconf configure.

EB> someone can help me figure out? Thank you very much for your help in
EB> advance.

please do as the README instructs you:
adapt the top of the configure script to where you
want to install VMD, run ./configure, cd to src
and to a 'make install'

alternatively (if you have a 32-bit i386 machine),
you can download the FC4 rpm from the contrib section
and just use rpm -ihv on that (as root)...

cheers,
   axel.