From: tnels_at_sfu.ca
Date: Wed Sep 20 2006 - 12:14:08 CDT

('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) hello,

I am running VMD in text mode using

vmd -dispdev text -e vmd_commands.txt

the tcl script that I is called in vmd_commands.txt contains an exec call to the xmgrace program:

exec xmgrace $output_filename -hardcopy -hdevice EPS -printfile $output_filename.eps

this line gives the error:

Can't open display
Failed initializing GUI, exiting

I don't know why it wants to open the display.  Is there some display variable I need to set?

This same tcl script and exec command works fine when I run it in the tk console of vmd in display mode.  But I need to run it in text mode for my batch analysis.

THanks for your help

Nels Thorsteinson
Graduate Student
CIHR Bioinformatics Training Program for Health Research
(604)317-5899