From: Berit Hinnemann (behi_at_topsoe.dk)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2006 - 04:45:58 CDT

Dear VMD developers and users,

I am planning to buy a new computer, which I will use primarily for data analysis and visualization and much of it with VMD. Therefore, I would like to ask for some recommendations and experiences with what Hardware, Graphics Card etc. VMD works smoothly.

  • Which OS? I prefer Linux, but which flavor does vmd usually work smoothly with? What about Redhat/Centos?
  • Which graphics card and how much RAM? I would also like to do 3D visualization.
  • Which processor, minimum requirements etc.?
  • Does a spaceball work with VMD in Linux?
  • 3D visualization: Which glasses etc. are good and work in Linux?
  • What kind of screen, are there some which do not work so great?

Any recommendations would be helpful. Thanks a lot, Berit

This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended only for the addressee. Any unauthorised distribution or disclosure is prohibited. Disclosure to anyone other than the intended recipient does not constitute waiver of privilege.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete it and any attachments from your computer system and records.
HALDOR TOPSØE A/S (www.haldortopsoe.com)