From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 17 2006 - 03:20:39 CDT

Margaret,
  For transformations not handled automatically by scripts, you can
use the atom selection "$sel move" subcommand to apply any transformation
you want. You can create your own matrices from the MTRIXn records you're
interested in, apply them to the PDB coordinates, save out new files
and combine them all together if you like. There's more detail about
the intended use and format of the PDB MTRIXn records here:
  http://www.rcsb.org/pdb/file_formats/pdb/pdbguide2.2/part_58.html

As I didn't write the script and I'm currently swamped with other activities,
I'm not the best one to adapt it to reading these MTRIXn records, perhaps
someone else has already written a script to process those symmetry records?