From: JC Gumbart (gumbart_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 15 2006 - 19:41:23 CDT

Well, Psfgen can always guess any number of missing atoms for a
residue as long as it has at least one based on what is in the
topology file. This is not to say it would be a good guess of course.

For missing residues, you would have to guess at least one atom per
residue for it to fill them in.

Would this be sufficient for your needs?