From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2006 - 14:07:44 CDT

Hi,
  It depends on the platform..
On Windows, VMD leaves this up to the video driver, as it makes life easier
when configuring stereoscopic cards. You can usually turn on antialiasing
in your video driver and this will affect the next run of VMD. I've thought
about enabling the dynamic antialiasing feature in VMD on Windows and MacOS X,
but haven't worked out the various gotchas with stereo. On Unix we enable
antialiasing by default, except when the VMDPREFERSTEREO environment variable
is used (once again, a fun little interaction with stereo, typically with
the NVidia cards which can only do one or the other but not both at the same
time..)

By the way, I highly recommend upgrading to VMD 1.8.5 :-)

Let me know if you need more help with this.