From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2006 - 18:18:10 CDT

hi,

a generic matrix inversion is not available.
to undo many transformation matrices, you
may get away with a transpose+rescale (it
has been a looong time since i needed to
deal with it seriously).

but you are in the market for real inversion, you
may want to have a look at:
http://www.hume.com/la/
if your code is not performance critical.

other than that, the next best option would be
to implement a wrapper plugin for BLAS/LAPACK...
i've been thinking about this for a while,
but there was rarely enough contigouus time
(and if there was, there were more pressing projects)
to try something like that in a serious manner.

cheers,
    axel.