From: Cesar Luis Avila (cavila_at_fbqf.unt.edu.ar)
Date: Mon Sep 04 2006 - 10:00:35 CDT

I am using CHARMM 27 parameter files included on VMD:
vmd/plugins/noarch/tcl/readcharmmtop1.0/top_all27_prot_lipid_na.inp
vmd/plugins/noarch/tcl/readcharmmpar1.0/par_all27_prot_lipid_na.inp

In particular for TIP3 residue there is an explicit indication to
generate with no angle nor dihedral:

"tip3p water model, generate using noangle nodihedral"

For DMPC there is no explicit indication on topology file, so I suppose
that one should generate angles and dihedrals. This also applies for
POPC. So I don't know why membrane builder on VMD uses auto none
dihedrals for lipids segment. Shouldn't it be auto angles dihedrals?
Since dihedrals are generated from angles what is the point of using
such a command?

Regards
Cesar