From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2006 - 11:55:49 CDT

On 8/29/06, wang <c00jsw00_at_nchc.org.tw> wrote:
> Dear Dimka ,
> Thanks for your help . But the script still didn't work . @@
> Could you know how to using C or fortran to read dcd file ?

please check the availability of disk space. the pdb files
will consume multiple times the space than the .dcd trajectory
(and i'm curious to learn what you need those many .pdb
file for in the first place).

you can actually use the molfile plugins bundled with vmd
to read your dcd file (and write pdb) if needed. see:
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/doxygen/
for more details.

the script improvements suggested by people here, have no
obvious flaw, so there must be something else going wrong.
my guess is, that if you program the converter yourself you'll
also find it not to work.

cheers,
   axel.