From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2006 - 15:00:01 CDT

The built-in animated GIF feature in the VMD movie maker currently
only knows how to work with ImageMagick, but the plugin hasn't
been updated for Windows. What I'd suggest (until I have a chance
to change it to allow the use of ImageMagick on Windows) would be
to uncheck the "Movie Settings->Delete Image Frames" option, and
tell it to make the movie using VideoMach. Once it has finished,
you'll still have the individual movie image frames, and you can use
ImageMagick to make the animated GIF movie, or you could use one of the
other tools described on this page:
  http://uwcem.ece.wisc.edu/creatingAnimatedGifs.htm

VMD 1.8.5 will have the same limitation, but I'll update the movie maker
plugin to add support for ImageMagick on Windows, I wasn't
previously aware that a stable version of ImageMagick was available
for Windows, but now that I do, I can look into using it for VMD.

  John