From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2006 - 19:02:12 CDT

Hi,
  Yes, Axel has a good suggestion, in that running VMD with
'vmd -debug' will allow you to track down the location where the crash
occurs, though if it's running out of memory (likely), the real cause
may be a bad piece of code that goes superlinear, or even O(N^2) with
the number of atoms. I've personally run into this with certain plugins,
or script with very large structures before, so it's possible you found
another case that we didn't already know about. In any case, I'll look
at your structure(s) as soon as they are posted and I'm back at the lab.

  John