From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 18 2006 - 22:33:36 CDT

Hi,
  Not with the normal cable. I haven't checked the voltage
or polarity of the sync signal output on the Quadro VESA stereo
sync connector, but I do know that at the very least it's not
pin-compatible with the old emitters. The old emitters could be
made to work with various machines with adapter cables, but all of
the old SGI/Sun/HP workstations I used had compatible sync signals
from the point of view of peak-to-peak voltage, and so on. We have
various old E2SGI emitters, some EPROs, an ENT (VESA) and while
I've used the EPROs on almost all of the commercial Unix workstations,
I've only ever used the ENT on the PC/Mac graphics boards like the Quadro.
The ReadlD (stereographics) site may have pinouts and specs for the VESA
stereo outputs, but you may have to do a bit of digging to figure out
if that can be made to work with the E2SGI emitters.

  John