From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2006 - 14:12:56 CDT

On 8/17/06, angel jiménez <anhejipa_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

angel,

when reporting this kind of problem, please _always_ state what
version of VMD you are using and what platform you are running on.
in many cases this has a significant impact on the answer we can give.

> When I load a Grasp file, I select the file type I want to load in this case
> GRASP, then I load it but the case turns to Automattically.

you have to _first_ select the filename and then VMD will
try to guess the file type and _then_, if you do not agree,
you may change the type. if VMD cannot guess it defaults
to automatic.

> Is anything wrong with the file Im loading or with the graspplugin?

no. VMD should actually guess the right file type right, if it
ends in either .srf or, .grasp

cheers,
   axel.