From: sseefeld_at_uwm.edu
Date: Sat Aug 12 2006 - 18:45:17 CDT

I hadn't thought of the topology file being the issue, but now that you bring it
up i was trying to fix the wrong file.

Here are the two topology entries for the waters.

RESI TIP3 0.000 ! tip3p water model, generate using noangle nodihedral

GROUP

ATOM OH2 OT -0.834

ATOM H1 HT 0.417

ATOM H2 HT 0.417

BOND OH2 H1 OH2 H2 H1 H2 ! the last bond is needed for shake

ANGLE H1 OH2 H2 ! required

ACCEPTOR OH2

PATCHING FIRS NONE LAST NONE

RESI TP3M 0.000 ! "mmff" water model, as an analog of tip3p

GROUP

ATOM OH2 OT -0.834 ! these charges are replaced by the mmff setup

ATOM H1 HT 0.417 ! these charges are replaced by the mmff setup

ATOM H2 HT 0.417 ! these charges are replaced by the mmff setup

BOND OH2 H1 OH2 H2 ! omits the H1-H2 bond, which is needed for shake
with tip3p

ANGLE H1 OH2 H2 ! required

ACCEPTOR OH2

PATCHING FIRS NONE LAST NONE

I should be doing pdb alias residue HOH TP3M not TIP3 because the TIP3 is
setting up the H1 H2 bond. Where as the TP3M is just the two O-H bonds. This
makes my earlier modification to the parameter file useless. I'm going to try
this quick and then reply again.

Thanks,
Sean Seefeld

--