From: Wei Liu (wei.liu_at_biosci.ki.se)
Date: Sat Aug 12 2006 - 13:23:58 CDT

Dear all,

I am a new user of VMD and I just installed the precompiled version of VMD on
Mandriva Linux 2006. When I start the program by typing "vmd", error messages
appear in the vmd console window as the following.

XRequest.143: BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length error)
0x30000ad

and

XRequest.143: BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length error)
0x44

I can still load my pdb file and display it in VMD opengl window as lines, but
if I choose the drawing method as newcartoon, the program will shut down
automatically. Does anybody meet such a problem? Any suggestions will be
highly appreciated.

Regards
Wei Liu