From: L. Michel Espinoza-Fonseca (mef_at_ddt.biochem.umn.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2006 - 16:41:16 CDT

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply. I'm actually going to simulate such a big
system with NAMD and further analyze it with VMD. I'm really concerned
about this, because I tried to load a single structure on my
workstation (Opteron, 2Gb RAM) and it took really long time. I have
access to more robust visualization facilities (a SGI Onyx4, 16
processors, 32 Gb RAM), so maybe I could use it for visualization and
analysis. What do you think?

Concerning the connectivity info, I'll be using a psf file +
trajectory in dcd format. Considering what you told me, I think that
I'll save a lot of time :)

Thank you for your help!
Michel