From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 23 2006 - 00:30:08 CDT

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006, Sergio Urahata wrote:

SU> Hi all,

hi sergio,

SU> I have one PLT file which represents a 3D grid of volumetric data.
SU> VMD allows to render only specific isovalues, which is great.
SU> Would it be possible to set different colors for specific isovalues ?

yes, you just create multiple isovalue representations and
assign a different color to each of them (via ColorID colorization).

SU> This way, one could show where to find higher densities (or whatever the
SU> mean each cell has) hence adding an interesting function for
SU> the "transparent" material option.

i don't think so. the colors on the 'outside' would tint
whatever is 'inside'. what you may want to look into would
be a volume slice with Volume colorization, perhaps in
combination with multiple isosurfaces and a clipplane.

regards,
    axel.