From: Vlad Cojocaru (Vlad.Cojocaru_at_eml-r.villa-bosch.de)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2006 - 03:57:28 CDT

HI John, Alex,

Thanks a lot for your answers. Of course I considered Alex's suggestion
even before I wrote my email and its probably the most elegant way to
deal with this problem. I was just curious to see if there isnt a way to
do it directly in VMD but probably Alex in right and if I hack the code
I might get into other problems ...

This 9999 problem is also in pdb files written by Leap or ambpdb in
Amber ... and it becomes a problem when one wants to keep waters lets
say 5A around the system and then use these waters for a new run ...
Then Leap will complain about duplicate atoms and thus I cannot use all
the waters I need... Of course this is a Leap problem but I thought that
maybe one can solve this by writing pdbs using VMD.....

I will write my own scripts to renumber the residues...

Thanks again
vlad

--
Dr. Vlad Cojocaru