From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2006 - 13:00:57 CDT

Jan,
  From the commands you listed, it appears that you didn't rediret
standard input, so most likely the process is blocking while reading
stdin, which would explain why it's in the process list but not doing
anything. The "Killed:" message may relate to something you're doing
in your script, as clearly VMD didn't die. Try running a simpler test
script, and redirect stdin from run-volmap.tcl or something like that.
There's an example in the User's Guide on command line options showing
the right stdin/stdout redirections etc.