From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2006 - 13:20:32 CDT

Hi,
 1) For "ball and stick" use the "CPK" drawing method in the graphical
    representations menu. You may also like the "Licorice" mode.

 2) The VMD movie maker currently only knows how to automatically drive
    the VideoMach engine for making movies on Windows fully automatically.
    On Unix machines (including MacOS X), the movie maker uses NetPBM, and
    ImageMagick and other tools, but since these aren't available on Windows,
    we use VideoMach. The recent version of the movie maker plugin now allows
    you to just export a collection of images (no movie file per se), so
    that you can use your favorite movie making tool (including ones that
    aren't scriptable and require user interaction). That's probably the best
    way to go if you want to use a specific movie making package other than
    VideoMach.