From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed May 31 2006 - 16:38:03 CDT

Hi,
  The current version of the XYZ plugin for VMD ignores the additional
optional data fields, since it doesn't know what field to load them into.
I've been meaning to add a mechanism for loading such "unknown" fields into
VMD but haven't had time to delve into it and make progress yet.
If you want to, you could modify and recompile the XYZ plugin and hard-code
it to load these extra fields into one of the existing VMD data fields
if you wanted to.