From: Benjamin Goldsteen (bzgnyc_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon May 22 2006 - 11:15:44 CDT

On May 22, 2006, at 5:33 AM, Marc Baaden wrote:

> Hi,
> our stereo CRT monitor just broke and I was trying to get a
> replacement.
> It appears that nowadays it is extremely difficult to obtain CRT
> screens
> with high refresh rates [1] that are suitable for stereo
> representation. It
> seems as if fabrication of those models has stopped.
> So I wonder what viable (and affordable if possible) stereo
> solutions do
> exist when one wants to go to resolutions of 1280x1024 or higher?
> Certainly
> manufacturers of stereo goggles like NuVision must worry about this
> evolution?
>
> I would be very interested to know what other people on this list
> use for
> stereo representations that work with software like VMD (eg OpenGL
> stereo).
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Marc Baaden
>
> [1] high refresh rates as in 1280x1024_at_120 Hz or 1600x1200_at_111 Hz

Mark, I am forwarding this to the whole list as it might be useful to
others; also I just happened across a monitor with a 142kHz scanning
rate. It claims 1600x1200 @ 113Hz and 1280x1024 @ 133Hz. $700:
http://www.iiyama.us/default.asp?
SID=&LNG=US&NAV=236&PCAT=1&PROD=2752&CE=F&PARAMS=DATASHEET

I have no experience with any of these monitors.

Good luck,
Ben