From: Sabuj Pattanayek (sabuj.pattanayek_at_Vanderbilt.Edu)
Date: Mon May 15 2006 - 17:00:20 CDT

In order to get interlaced mode don't you need to set modelines with
"interlaced" at the end of the modeline string?

see http://xtiming.sourceforge.net/

Put the modelines in your monitor section and put the associated mode in
the "Screen" section. You can get the specific frequency limits and max
pixel clock values from the EDID information in your /var/log/Xorg.0.log .