From: TZU-LAN YEH (tzulan.yeh_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat May 13 2006 - 11:04:20 CDT

Hi all,

Thanks for the suggestions. I've downloaded the pbcwrap and moveframes
scripts, but it didn't work.

Here's how I did it.

load the molecule
load the dcd file

source moveframes.tcl
source pbcwrap.tcl

moveframes top "protein"
set $sel [atomselect top "water"]
pbcwrap $sel

and then it prompted:
expected integer but got "atomselect3"

Did I misuse the pbcwrap?

Also, I've tried not to specify anything and vmd gave me really weird
things. I can see two very dense water layers (I think that's what the
script wrap) and while the animation went, the protein still left the box.
(Any idea why this does not work?) So I thought I might misused it and tried
to wrap some water molecules.
According to the documentation within the script:

#
pbcwrap

#
------------

# Wraps atoms of selection $sel around PBC unit cell
boundaries.
# Unit cell geometry is read from the xst-file $xst.

Usage:

# pbcwrap selection xstfile [beg $first] [end $last] [firsttime
$firsttime]
# [delta $delta] [outfile $outfile]
#

#
Example:

# set sel [atomselect top "segname
OXY"]
# pbcwrap $sel mysimulation.xst beg 100 end 200 firsttime 50000 delta
1000

Thank you.