From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sat May 06 2006 - 21:25:47 CDT

Chang,
  Yes, you can use the command "imd connect <hostname> <port>" to
attach VMD to a running NAMD simulation. See the VMD built-in help or
User's Guide documentation for the "imd" commands. Be aware that you
must load the same structure files into VMD and NAMD so the atom indices
and structures match. By the way, you don't need to email me separately
since I get all vmd-l@ mails and vmd@ mails already, I get multiple
copies when people CC the vmd@, vmd-l@, and johns@ addresses... :)