From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri May 05 2006 - 10:00:11 CDT

Marc,
  The mail you saw below was a question about psfgen rather than about
the $sel write function in VMD, which are two different things. What
Justin wrote is correct in terms of writing PSF files with psfgen.
Your question asked about writing them from VMD atom selections,
which is a different story. The source of confusion is likely that
the VMD atom selection and psfgen "writepsf" commands are confusingly
similar so it's easy to mistake the two.