From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri May 05 2006 - 09:42:18 CDT

Marc,
  Which version of VMD are you running? ('vmdinfo version' will tell you
if it's not clear)
The PSF files written by VMD atom selections (in the current version)
will lack angles, dihedrals, impropers, and cross-terms. Also, there's
no "charmm" keyword currently. The right syntax is:
  set sel [atomselect top all]
  $sel writepsf test.psf

Thanks,
  John stone