From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Tue May 02 2006 - 11:22:22 CDT

On Tue, 2 May 2006, John Stone wrote:

JS> Enzo,
JS> If you don't like writing the long expression below, you could

enzo, can you please explain, what you want to do.
there may be several solutions, but that depends
very much on what and how you need the coordinates.

JS> simply do something like:
JS>
JS> proc getatomcoords { index } {
JS> return [lindex [[atomselect top "index $index"] get {x y z}] 0]
JS> }

please take care, that this subroutine creates a memory leak,
as it allocates a selection, without deleting it.

if you want to access coordinates from an array/list you can
also do:

set sel [atomselect top "all"]
set coords [$sel get {x y z}]
$sel delete

and then access the coordinates via lindex from $coords.

best regards,
   axel (happy that there is a wireless here during a boring talk).