From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon May 01 2006 - 14:10:18 CDT

Hi,
  The 'mol load' syntax is on it's way out... You'll want to use the
new 'mol new'/'mol addfile' commands instead:
  mol new my_system.psf
  mol addfile my_system.dcd

For your specific question, you can do this:
  mol new my_system.top type parm7
  mol addfile my_system.dcd

If your parm file is named .prmtop the new version of VMD will recognize
it as an Amber 7/8/9 toplogy file automatically.