From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 16 2006 - 22:08:42 CDT

Justin,
  Yeah, I think that would work for 10.4, since the Python included in
10.4 has the _tkinter module compiled in already. (10.3 doesn't however)
Presumably I can make 10.4 builds that link against all Apple-provided
Tcl/Tk/Python frameworks, which will eliminate the potential pitfall of
the system Python being linked against a different Tk than VMD.

My plan for this release is to build the 10.3 PowerPC build with
Python turned off. I'll have to do a separate 10.4 build in order to use
the Apple provided stuff. I could conceivably do another 10.3 build
based on the MacPython distribution similar to what MMTK does, but
I won't have time to begin working on these other two potential
builds until after I return from a workshop in Houston next weekend.

  John