From: Rima Chaudhuri (rima_chau_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Apr 16 2006 - 16:01:52 CDT

Hello!
  I have a 3GB DCD file at this moment, the frames were written at every 100 steps, the simulation is still running and is only 40% complete (of total 1ns). As of now it has some 4000+ frames. The huge DCD file cannot be uploaded in VMD, it reaches its memory limit and crashes. Is there a way I can break the DCD file into sub-parts and then upload it? or if there is any way around this problem?? Any help would be much appreciated.

  Thanks
  -Rima.

"I can tell you fancy, I can tell you plain, you give something up for everything you gain. Since every pleasure's got an edge of pain. Pay for your ticket and don't complain" - Bob Dylan