From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2006 - 00:05:04 CDT

Josh,
  I still haven't had time to add this as a feature into VMD 1.8.4, so
it's going to have to wait until after this version is released. In the
mean time, if you want to easily access this kind of data with your own
code, you could either write code and link against the VMD plugin
interfaces, or wait until I have a chance to add a command for this
purpose for you.