From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2006 - 14:23:50 CDT

Hi Ivana,
  You may be having trouble with your .cshrc, try renaming .cshrc
to .cshrc.bak and start VMD. Give that a shot and let me know if you
still have trouble. If it works, then there's a bad line in your
.cshrc file that you'll have to fix. Most likely a line like
"source .alias" which lacks a fully qualified path for the .alias file,
a line such as that should be fixed with "source ~/.alias".