From: Nuno R. L. Ferreira (nunolf_at_ci.uc.pt)
Date: Mon Mar 27 2006 - 09:16:54 CST

Hi

2 problems here, at least!

1 - If VMD reports the error of "wrong number of atoms", that's what it is ;-) You are feeding VMD with a topology/coordinate file with a different number of atoms with respect to the trajectory .xtc/.trr. Probably your top/coordinate file has only the protein atoms (since the problem seems to disappear deleting the solvent molecules).

2 - If you are getting strange things when visualizing the traj on VMD, that's because the protein in not whole, or is some king of wrap error, or atom sorting problem. You have some tools on gmx pack to take care of those issues (trjconv ?). The gmx viewer gives you the expected thing, because it takes care of the trajectory before loading it (not sure about this).

Best
Nuno