From: Visvaldas Kairys (kairys_at_uma.pt)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2006 - 03:45:51 CST

Thank you,

I think duplication of the atoms will be a satisfactory workaround for me!
Actually, best is to duplicate ALL the atoms instead of just one
because the RMSDs reported will be _correct_ (as if the atoms were not
duplicated, but the without the "bug")! -
I tried to experiment with
another molecule containing 9 atoms, and the RMSD was identical for 9 vs 9
alignment and 18(duplicated) vs 18(duplicated) alignment, which is not
surprising due to the definition of RMSD.

Vis