From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2006 - 10:23:41 CST

Hi,
  The VMD DCD plugin (as well as the others) is made available
with the UIUC Open Source license, so you can just use our DCD
reader code if you like. Even if you prefer to write your own,
you might save yourself a lot of time and energy by reading ours:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/doxygen/dcdplugin_8c.html

The source is available by CVS if you're interested.