From: Jérôme Hénin (jerome.henin_at_uhp-nancy.fr)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2006 - 01:31:13 CST

I suppose "vctdist" was a typo in the parent message.

Anyway, the problem is the following: the atomselect get command returns a Tcl
list with as many elements as there are atoms in the selection. In the case
of a single atom, the list has only one element, which is in this case a
three-element list.

Three-element lists of coordinates may be recovered using the join command:
set d [vecdist [join $coor1] [join $coor2]]

Jerome