From: Jeffrey Tseng (pocket17_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2006 - 03:18:32 CST

Hi, John,
     I do need a method that assigns values to the per-atom data fields such
as "user" or "occupancy" instead of beta.

( Using "beta" dosen't fit my needs for some other reasons )

Here is the example:
###############################
mol representation SURF 1.4
atomselect macro myselect {
resname ASN and resid 273 and name OD1
or resname ASP and resid 269 and name OD2
or resname ASP and resid 269 and name OD1
or resname ASP and resid 269 and name CG
or resname HIS and resid 268 and name NE2
or resname LEU and resid 210 and name CD1
or resname LEU and resid 210 and name CG
or resname LEU and resid 210 and name CB
or resname LEU and resid 210 and name N
}

mol selection {myselect}
mol addrep top

######## Here is the subselction; the subsubselect is just the frist 4 atoms
of myselect ###############

mol selection {
resname ASN and resid 273 and name OD1
or resname ASP and resid 269 and name OD2
or resname ASP and resid 269 and name OD1
or resname ASP and resid 269 and name CG
}

How do we use the "user" or "occupancy" data fields to color different
selections, saying that the first selection is colored "green" and the
rest of them (subselection) is colored "red" ?

Thanks,

-Jeffrey