From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2006 - 13:35:48 CST

Hi Paul,
  This sounds like an issue with the video driver not restoring
your preferences correctly. Are you doing all of the settings changes
under a user account, or as the system administrator user? If you've
made the changes as administrator and they still don't stick, then it's
likely a problem with the NVidia driver control panel not restoring the
clone mode preference, and that'd be worth reporting to them in their
online support forums here:
  http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=29