From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2006 - 11:18:25 CST

Hi,
  Are you trying to use cygwin to compile on Windows?
For some years now VMD has been built on Windows exclusively with the
Microsoft compilers, but in theory it should be possible to compile with
cygwin if the new versions of cygwin are now compatible with the Win32
OpenGL libraries. (in the old days, they weren't, so we abandoned trying
to build VMD with cygwin once this was discovered...) If you can successfully
compile and link an OpenGL app with Cygwin, then I can probably help you
use it to build VMD, assume you don't have MSVC6 or MSVS2005 handy.

  John