From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2006 - 10:02:25 CST

Hi,
you can actually use NAMDGui for this; it is a closely related plugin
designed to set up config files for (and run) general purpose namd jobs.
Running namdgui -nogui allows you to wrap it in a script; for example,

set sel [atomselect top all]
for {set i 0} {$i < [molinfo top get numframes]} {incr i 10} {
$sel frame $i
$sel writepdb namd-temp.pdb
namdgui -nogui -psf psffile -pdb namd-temp.pdb -o minimize-$i -min 1000
-run 0 -par parfile
}
$sel delete

should do something like what you want (with some of the parameters
tuned for how often you want snapshots and how long you want the
minimization to be). Is this what you're looking for? Please let me know
if you have any problems.
Best,
Peter