From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 14 2006 - 19:58:28 CST

Lily,
  Making changes to the atomic data in VMD is a one-way street. Once changed,
there's no going back, unless you've saved the coordinates via scripting or to
a file prior to altering them. Once you get things the way you like them,
you can save the coordinates to a file using the File->Save Coordinates
menu item, after highlighting the appropriate molecule in the main VMD window.