From: Nuno R. L. Ferreira (nunolf_at_ci.uc.pt)
Date: Tue Feb 14 2006 - 04:42:50 CST

Hi Teresa

You could write that information as REMARK, or better, use the HELIX, SHEET ... tags for the secondary structure. From the top of my head, I do not know the format of this tags inside the PDB, but you can check it in the PDB site.

# select one atom of each residue
set sel [atomselect top "protein and name CA"]
# create a list of secondary structure (stride)
# C = coil ; T = turn
# E = beta sheet ...; check stride
sel struct_list [$sel get structure]

You then must determine which residues are in beta-sheet, which are in helix conformation ...

With this list, you can then do a parser, taking in consideration the format of the tags that I just mentioned, and
output a formated text to be the new header of your pdb.

Best,
Nuno