From: Sabuj Pattanayek (sabuj.pattanayek_at_Vanderbilt.Edu)
Date: Thu Feb 09 2006 - 13:58:18 CST

For those of you using gentoo linux I found a gentoo dev who has created
an ebuild for v1.8.3 . It can be easily modified to compile and install
the latest source.

http://dev.gentoo.org/~spyderous/overlay/sci-chemistry/

You'll need to put it in a ebuild overlay directory (and set
PORTDIR_OVERLAY= in /etc/make.conf) since these ebuilds have not yet
been included in the production gentoo portage repository.

I don't know whether the ebuild works but I'm going to try this as soon
as I get a chance.